Volunteer At the Pilands Wood Centre
If you would like to join our team of volunteers please contact the office.
1. Administration assistant or assistants required to attend monthly evening committee meetings and/or at other times by arrangement.
Duties to include:
- Minute taking and circulation.
- Agenda preparation and circulation.
- Keeping the centre’s notice boards tidy and up to date.
- Marketing and Editing the Association’s news letters.
- Reception and information point and meeting and greeting.
2. Management Committee members who are residents of Bursledon and Old Netley.
3. Specialist Committee members (residence of the above area not required as these members can be co-opted) in the fields of Grant Applications, Fund Raising and Policy Formulation/Compliance.
4. Trainee/ part qualified youth workers or assistants (minimum age for these roles is 18) various evenings by arrangement.
Pilands Wood Community Association operates an equal opportunities policy, full insurance cover, actively seeks to offer further training opportunities for all its Volunteers and pays reasonable travelling expenses. The Management Committee operates a Zero Tolerance policy towards abuse of its paid or voluntary staff.
Pilands Wood Community Association encourages volunteers to take free training courses including basic first aid, basic food hygiene, community work NVQ2, etc. More details from the Centre.